Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Day 14 - Bath

Sunshine greets us and it is a short trip to Pontcysylite which is the home of the longest aqueduct in Britain, it is 1007 ft long and 127 ft height and is a one lane river in the sky. A very impressive sight all made from cast steel and sealed with lead. The wind is blowing and the drizzle hits me square in the face as I start out across the Aqueduct, there is a single path on the left side, it is quite interesting in the middle but there is no going back now. Safely across I look back to see my first long boat heading across, a very strange sight that of a boat in the sky.
Safely back across we head off for Ironbridge, home of the very first iron bridge. There is a lot of tourists, not exactly what I expected but it is the starter for the industrial revolution, to my suppress there is an Eley bakery, perfect time for a lunch time pasty.
After lunch we head off to Chepstow and then onto the Severn bridge crossing from Wales back to England, heading down the motorway we make good time to Bath, home for 2 nights.

No comments:

Post a Comment