Monday, September 30, 2013

Day 20 - Ely 28 Sept 2013

After a hearty breakfast we head out for our day in Ely.

Being Saturday there is a market in the town square, lots of food producers have brought in there produce and wares. Lots of wonderful things but not really suitcase friendly.

Next it is off to the cathedral and I have set my sites set on the tower climb, I buy my ticket and at 11:30 the tour starts, the only thing between me and the top is 283 steps. The tour starts off easy climbing the first 2 levels in small staircases, the last 2/3 off the distance are straight up a spiral staircase, the climb is worth it as the view from the top is excellent. Now only 283 steps down.

After all that work it is time for a relaxing break so off to the water front and the pub for a pint of cider and some food, ah the sun is out, the boats are bobing in the river, and the river front is full of people, great way to spend the afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment