Friday, May 27, 2011

Welcome to the dark side

Yes the tussle between Microsoft and Apple has been blurred even further with the buying of my iPad 2.
After years of resisting I have been persuaded to shell out some cash,which in some part is due to Microsofts lack of competing products. Even Android has more interesting offerings in this market space which really shows how Microsoft has basically given up to date. The main deciding factor in the end was the overwhelming amount of apps Apple has been able to accumulate, there really does seem to be an "App for that" and after spending my first week with my new iPad 2 I have to say I am very impressed.
One of my main problems to resolve was what size to get, how much space do you really need? Also wifi or 3G model? The later question for me came down to the fact the only the 3G model has the inbuilt gps receiver, and as for size after a fair bit of investigation I came to the conclusion that you only need a lot of space if you intend to store lots of photos or videos, so I opted for the 16 gig model and so far things are going okay, I have installed heaps of apps, Facebook, twitter, Ted, GarageBand, 4 games, blogsy, tv guide, weather guide, Skype, dictionary, travel apps, installed a dozen books and all of this has only taken 2-3 gig.
So all in all pretty happy so far email works well no problems in connecting to my gmail account to sync calendar and contacts, don't get me wrong there are the usual itune problems that frustrates all windows users like me but it hasn't been as painful as I expected.

No comments:

Post a Comment