Monday, July 8, 2013

BMW remote battery

After getting my 1999 E46 BMW remote working again, it started to become erratic in its workings after only 3 weeks of working perfectly, sometimes only unlocking the car but not locking, then not working at all only to start working again for no reason, the little red light not lighting up when a button was pressed.

The remote is the kind with the CR2016 battery so I measured the battery and found that it was 3.0 volts, since the battery is a 3 volt battery I thought this was fine. I decided though to change the battery to see if I could get the remote to work again. The new battery measured 3.45 volts and got the remote working again straight away, the question I now have to resolve is how long the battery will last.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment