Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Hotsion Hot-V9

Hotsion Hot-V9 Portable 3G wireless

In perpetration for my upcoming holiday, I decided that I needed to find a way to try and beat the hotels and there ripoff rates for wifi. So I am going to get a 3G data card and use that instead. For this to be effective I needed a way to share it via wifi between my devices, as well as being able to copy my photos and video to a backup hard drive. After doing some research this little device looks like it will fit the bill and mine arrived today.

The Hotsions interesting features are.

1. Wifi specs are b,g,n

2. Has a USB port for 3G dongle

3. Has a second USB port which acts as a external power for a phone

4. Has a micro sd card slot for up to 32 gig of on board space

5. Can be used as a wifi extender

After adding a micro sd card and powering up the device I found it is pretty easy to connect to the device. The micro SD card can be accessed through the browser on your device, I connected from my laptop and iPhone.

I have FileBrowser installed on my iPhone and found that this connected easily with the Hotsion, playing music and video from the micro sd card was easy. File transfer was pretty quick as well, I transferred the camera roll from my iPhone, 179 photos to the micro sd card in the Hotsion in just over 7 minutes.

An interesting find is that if you plug a USB hard drive into the 3G USB port while the micro sd card is installed the hard drive does not register, but remove the micro sd card and the hard drive is fully accessible, my 500 gig hard drive worked perfectly.

The cost is good as well, mine was only $45, from dx.com the delivery is free and mine took almost 30 days to arrive.

If you have a need for in the field storage / backup, say for photos or carrying movies or music that you want to share this device seems very good for the price.

My 3G modem hopefully will arrive soon and i am very interested to see how it handle a speed test, as I use it more I will post my finds.

 

1 comment:

  1. I need this solution, also! May contact you for tech support

    ReplyDelete