Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Day 13 – Scotland here I come

The wind is blowing the showers quickly across the town as I prepare to head off for Scotland, after a little more looking I have managed to get accommodation, it turned out my problems have been the end of the comedy festival and the Pope is in town tomorrow. Anyway I have managed to get a room for a couple of nights so off along the coast road I go. After getting off the A1 it was not long before the twisting hedge rowed roads wind there way down to the coast, I decide to stop off at Bamburgh for lunch, it has a huge castle that sits high on a hill overlooking the see and the town.

After lunch I am cruising up the A1 when I notice a magnificent bridge heading over the tweed river, I decide that this is worth a detour and so into Berwick Upon Tweed, another walled city, the bridge and the town are amazing, I thought that the bridge was not being used but as I was taking photos a train started crossing the bridge.

Another 10 minutes and I was at the Scottish Border, it is amazing to see the winding stone fence that designates the border winding its way up the hillside.

After another half hour of driving I arrive at Edinburgh, there are a lot of security and police out in preparation for the popes visit tomorrow, hopefully this will not interfere with my site seeing.         

No comments:

Post a Comment