Friday, September 17, 2010

Day 15 – Road to Aberdeen

After a cold night it is time to head further north to Aberdeen, after my sat nav decided to give me the scenic tour out of Edinburgh I finally get on track to head out over the Firth Bridge, the bridge does not disappoint, you get a really good view of it from the new road bridge, which in itself is very impressive. Unfortunately there is not a viewing point to get a photo.

After a short drive up the freeway I take a detour into the town of Perth, it is a very pretty place which the black deep cold waters of the Tay river, flowing quickly through the town.

Back on the freeway and after another small drive I arrive in Dundee, there is not much to see here the freeway paces through the outskirts and it is not long before I am on the road to Aberdeen.

The farmers are all busy moving there hay and getting in the last harvests, a lot of crops being grown in Polly tunnels, you have to watch out for the farmers driving there tractors and harvesters on the motorway.

After 3 1/2 hours of driving through the rolling countryside, whose tree lined fields look very similar to the Australian country side, I arrive at my hotel in Aberdeen. Tomorrow beckons a days exploring the Granite City. 

No comments:

Post a Comment