Monday, September 6, 2010

Trip Day 3

Well today is Sunday, and with a lovely start to the day it seems a great day to check out St Pauls Cathedral, so since my feet are feeling a bit sore it is off to the tube I go. It is only 5 stops to St Pauls from Marble Arch so the journey is a quick one.

I thought after seeing Westminster Abby I had a scope for what size to expect of St Pauls, but I was wrong, it is huge, 111m to the top of the dome, very imposing. Being a Sunday the tours were not on and service was being held, a general welcome to go in to hear service was given to all so in I went, even though no cameras were allowed for the service I think this was a better way to see the church as the choir and the organ were part of the service and the sound of these were very moving.

From the cathedral it is a short walk across the Millennium Bridge to the Tate Modern, apart from Picassos three women painting and Rodin's lovers sculpture the works were mostly lost on me.

From here it was a nice walk, past Shakespeare's Globe Theatre to Tower Bridge, after crossing the bridge, which is a very impressive bridge, it was on to the Tower of London, this is definitely a place which I would not have wanted to be taken to, once inside you definitely would not be coming out.

Then after a full day of walking it was a short walk to return to where I started at St Pauls.

More photos have been uploaded click the picture to go to the gallery.   

No comments:

Post a Comment