Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Day 27 – Wales here we come

Today is the worst start to a day I have had so far the rain is bucketing down, it was only a matter of time before I had real English weather. Today finds me making my way to Wales, but as per usual it will be a windy path to get there, first stop is Blackpool, the illuminations were switched on about a month ago so i was expecting to se some lights, I didn’t think they would be lights for 2 klm along the beach front. It is an amazing sight and would be wonderful to see at night, but i can imagine the queue of families cruising the beach road showing the light to the kids. 

Next it was off to Manchester for a look, the rain has eased enough for me to grab a park and take a walk around the city centre. there is a lot people out as it is lunchtime and the centre has a lot of interesting things to see.

Chester is my next stop another walled city with a lot of interesting ruins to see, more time is needed here than today allows me.

Night finds me at the foot hills of Snowdonia at Betws-y-coed which is welsh for “Sanctuary in the Forest” , tomorrow is showing promise of a better day which would be good to see some sun for driving through the mountains.  

No comments:

Post a Comment