Saturday, September 4, 2010

Trip Day is here

Well today is Thursday an it is time to head to the airport and start my holiday. I had no problems dropping the hire car of at the airport, and then it was off to book in to my Melbourne flight to Sydney. Because i was early i got on the earlier flight to Sydney which was a good thing as it took forever to get through security. Luckily i was able to upgrade my leg to Hong Kong to premium economy, this was great nice big seats and lots of spoiling with drinks upon boarding and brandy or baileys for after.

Flight to Hong Kong was smooth, although there was lots of lightning and storms around when we landed, seems it is typhoon season.

Quick transfer to the London plane, I had a economy seat here but I got a bulk head seat so i had more leg room than usual. Slept most of the way to London which was good, no after dinner drinks here though.

Touch down in London was on time, had to wait forever for my bag to turn up, for a moment i thought it wasn’t going to arrive but they must have just left the Sydney bags to last. Getting through customs was as simple as walking through the nothing to declare exit and off to find a train ticket.

Got my oyster card to ride the underground and after 1 1/2 hours and a line switch arrived Marble Arch Station. After a short walk in the bright sunshine, 21 deg on arrival, i located the Thistle hotel and was able to get a room straight away. Then after a quick shower and freshen up it was off for a walk.

No comments:

Post a Comment