Thursday, September 9, 2010

Day 6 – Paddington Station

Well today brings an easy day and my last day in London as tomorrow i am picking up my hire car and heading north. So I decided to take a walk back through Hyde Park and take a look at the wonderful architecture that is the terminal station for Brunel’s great western railway, and as far as sheds go it is a beauty, or more correctly 3 beauties all linked together and long enough to hold a train of at least 10 carriages.

After spending some time looking around the station I headed back to the park and had lunch at the Italian fountains before walking on to see the Princess of Wales memorial fountain, this was interesting as it is a ring fountain laid into the land and has different areas in it where the water babbles through a range of course changes.  All in all a nice relaxing way to spend my last full day in London.

No comments:

Post a Comment