Monday, September 27, 2010

Day 22 – Islay 2

Well today I visited the two most different distilleries on the island, Bunnahabain, which has the least peaty whisky at 3ppm and Bruichladdich distillery which has just blow Ardbeg’s 53ppm whisky to the weeds with there new Octomore whisky which is 153ppm peat, I must say it doesn’t smell all that smoky but I am told it packs a huge smoky peaty punch when you drink it.

Bruichladdich have been making Gin as well which was interesting to see. They have also bought and are about to re open the Port Charlotte distillery which will take the number of distilleries to 9 on the island.

The day has been find and sunny and only the wind has been cool. Finally got to get a photo of a Highland Cow, I think I will call her Bessie.

No comments:

Post a Comment