Friday, September 17, 2010

Day 14 - Edinburgh

Today finds me in Edinburgh, the day is fine and sunny but a cold wind is keeping the temperature to about 15 deg. The big news item of the day is the Pope is in town,and there is a big parade down Princess street, sounds like a chance to see some top pipe bands so off to the parade I go. A crowd of about 120,000 people line the street, in most places 4 and 5 deep, the pipe bands are all decked out in there finery and are sounding great.

After the parade I head of to Calton Hill for a great view over the city, it is a steep climb up to the top but it is an excellent view.

Next it is off up the Royal Mile towards the Castle, I decide to take the Whiskey Experience tour, and find myself in the bar after the tour with 350 whiskeys at my want to taste, It is a really good afternoon of tasting whiskeys that are not sent to Australia or in some cases not being made anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment